Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Well, first of all, I do like the new look around here. You must have cleaned out the paint department at Sears to do all this re-decorating. Is Sears still relevant? Speaking of Sears, (nice segue) I digitally clipped some pages from an old mail order catalog from 1923 a couple of years ago for one of the concert band web pages I was doing. I put one clip here for old time interest. and because the "C Melody Sax" reminds me of Dad, who of course had one in Meadville as a boy, as I remember it. $69 in 1923. A good sax today is a thousand easy. Of course the host of this fine blog page has a connection to saxophones as well. Fire up the way back machine.


Other prices showed trombones $10.75 ,bugles $4.50. But as interesting as the prices is the fact that they had such a rich assortment of instruments available, that you only see in music stores now. Times change, The page I did still exists. If you want to browse it, see http://members.localnet.com/~rgb2000/music/ but it is a little clunky if you are on modem dialup like me.

No comments: